Functional and Structural Anatomy of the Hips and Pelvis
June 9 2019, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Lane Community College Downtown Campus, Room 230
This class, for movement and massage therapists, will focus on understanding the functional anatomy of the muscles and joints of the hips and pelvis. We will learn specific techniques to resolve issues in the low back and hips. We will also explore the role of the pelvis and low back in gait and support of the upper body.
Topics will include:
- The hip joint as the point of balance for the upper body.
- The balance of muscles influencing the position and balance of the pelvis on the hip joint.
- The functional dynamics of the sacroiliac joint and the bones of the pelvis.
- The role of the sacroiliac joint in low back and hip pain.
- The influence of the abdominal muscles on the pelvis and sacroiliac joint.
- The indicators of pelvic torsion and understanding its role in scoliosis.